Friday, July 21, 2006

Yay!!

Check this out! I am one of four winners of the "best snapshot" contest over at www.designbydani.com. Yay! That also means that I won a $25 gift certificate for her store. I can't wait to spend it, Dani Mogstad has such wonderful products! Plus the photos of the winners will be used as inspiration for upcoming kits! I am so very curious to see what they come up with!

The "Next Top Digi Scrapper" contest is in it's final round now. Here is my entry for this week:

Until the end of time...
Journaling reads:

Last night Charles surprised me with the most wonderful at-home date ever! He sent me out to pick up some Italian food while he set up the living room with what must have been a few dozen candles. Everything looked so cozy and romantic! After I came home with the food, he led me to the candle-lit living-room, knelt down in front of me and said:

"JennyBear, do you want to spend the rest of your life with me?". I said: "Yes!", and kissed him. But that was not all. He asked me again: "JennyBear, do you want to spend the rest of your life, and beyond with me?". The second question filled me so with gratefulness and love that I could only give him a kiss for my answer. I will never forget this evening!

I love you, Charles Matthew!


Credits:
Miss Mints “To my mother” Kit. Title is Michelle Pearsons “flowerpink” background from the ultimate digiscrapper collab Kit. Stitches are from Shabby Princess' “Splendid” Kit and Miss Mints “Denim Ink” Kit.

Fonts used:
Times New Roman, TopSecret, Young Love ES, FG Astrid, Antique Type, Lucida Sans Unicode, Mael, MA Sexy

This was the challenge:
THEME: Let's Give 'Em Something to Talk About! Yes pictures are important keepsakes, but so are our thoughts, words and feeling! For your final assignment you are going to be journaling a dialogue. Whether it be a conversation you had with your husband or kids, or one you overheard from the next room or in line at the grocery store. The topic and choice of photo is completely up to you. It can be spontaneous (if you are able to remember and write it down!) or planned. Feel free to sit down with a list of questions and interview your kids! The tv show 'Kids Say the Darndest Things' comes to mind. Anything goes. Remember I am looking for direct quotes here, not a summary. NOTE: Conversation may be a 'simulated' or imagined conversation between pets, if you so desire.

The winners will be announced on Monday, July 24 at peppermintcreative.com. They will also announce the five next best winners. I am so curious to see if I made it to the top five! It was certainly challenging at times.

Have fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home