Sunday, October 01, 2006

A little bit sad...

Tomorrow will be our last day in Germany, our last full day at least. Our flight goes Tuesday at 10:00 AM in the morning. We are very excited about the change. But honestly, right now I am mostly very sad!

We went to see my dad and his family this weekend, and it made me very sad to think that I won´t be seeing them for a while. It also makes me sad knowing that they won´t get to see Evan grow up, and that they all will be strangers to him next time he sees them in person.

Then today we invited Evan´s cousins and their parents over to let them play one more time before we would be going away, and it was just as sad. What can I say? I am not good at goodbyes. It´s just so final. I also feel so bad for taking Evan away from his cousins. Altogether there are three of them, all boys, and all of them one year apart in age. In addition to that they all play so very nicely. Even the youngest, Silas, just started crawling, so now he is much more involved in everything.

It´s good knowing though that nothing has to be final, and that we probably will keep moving back and forth between America and Germany for a long time to come. After all we do want all of our children to grow up experiencing both cultures. But for now we want to try and get settled and established.

We still have lots of packing to do, so I will go for now. However I do want to leave you with this picture that I took of Evan and Milo today. This is what I saw when I went to check on them after they had disappeared out of Evan´s room where we all had been playing. It was so funny seeing them on the rocking snail together, especially since we hadn´t heard any loud noises at all after they had left the room. Just to imagine how those two little people managed to sit on this thing together without tipping it over or falling over themselves...! It makes me laugh! Have a good day!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home