Wednesday, June 20, 2007

We're having a boy!!

The ultrasound last week went great! We found out that I am at about 22 weeks right now, and also that we are having a little baby boy!!! It was very easy to see, so there should be no doubts! We are so thrilled to know the gender, and can't wait to meet our little Noah! We are so very excited for Evan too, because how fun is it to have a brother?!? They will most likely share similar interests, and probably be up to all kinds of trouble! It will be so much fun! Here is a picture of our little Noah!


Evan was super patient and well behaved at the ultrasound. He is very excited about Noah, and talks to him all the time. He even tries to feel him kick, and pets my belly as to massage the baby! Charles also felt Noah kick for the first time this week, and he was so very excited! Feeling the baby kick, from the outside especially, makes it so much more real, even for me!

Father's Day was great! First thing in the morning Evan ran over to Charles with his present, yelling "Happy Birthday, Papa!". The present Evan and I had put together over the last several weeks was a folder for college with Evan's paintings on it. I had Evan paint pictures that I slid into the front and back cover of the folder, and also had him draw on the tabs inside the folder. That way Charles can have Evan's artwork with him while he is at school.

After the present was opened and cards were read, Charles and Evan spent the rest of the morning putting together this little wooden sailboat! They both had so much fun with it! Before his nap, Evan took Charles out for lunch - just the two of them! I wish I could have gone too, but really wanted to give the two of them some one on one time! In the afternoon we walked to a nearby playground to get Evan moving and outside into the sun and fresh air! It was a fun walk! Here are some pictures from the sailboat building!






Of course we also celebrated Charles' birthday last week. We had Charles come home early form work so that we could spent the rest of the day together. Evan was so excited about it, and couldn't wait to give him his presents! He is so good about it too. Whenever we have a present that he knows about, we tell him that it is a surprise, and that so and so can't know yet. So whenever Charles asked him what his present was, all Evan said "Surprise!", and "nein have it" ("nein" being German for "no" or in this case "not"). I tend to give things away, so I am even more astonished by his ability to not tell the birthday child about the surprise! And he doesn't even seem to have a hard time with it. I can learn a lot from my little boy!




Looks like in our house June is all about dad! I think we should declare June as the official "Spoil Papa Month"! However, Evan didn't completely forget about spoiling me a little bit as well. Here is what I got just a few days ago. Am I lucky, or what!?!


Evan is waking up from his nap, so that's all for now. I have one more picture for you before I go. Our little artist was hard at work!

From the left to the right you can see a sun (purple), a road (green), two trees (at the bottom of the picture, one in brown and green, the other one orange), the letter "E" above the trees (black; he likes putting in extra lines on purpose - you can tell because he will look at you and smile as he makes the extra lines, trying to see what your reaction will be) and of course two cars and a bunch of dotted lines.

He made another one with clouds and grass and a colored car, but that one will be a surprise for his Miau-Oma when she gets here next week. We are so excited to have her visit! Too bad she is only staying for ten days, but at least she will be back in October, when Noah will be born! I bet I will be glad to have the extra help! And it will be just so much fun to be able to catch up with my mom! Have fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home