Friday, May 18, 2007

A train ride, big cats and penguins...

Today Charles took the afternoon off work and came home early. Our weekends have been pretty full as of late, and we wanted to take the chance to have an afternoon for just the family. We decided to finally make a trip to Oregon Zoo in Portland, Oregon. The weather was perfect for such a trip, and we even managed to see almost everything there is to see. I have to say I am not a big fan of the Oregon Zoo. I am not sure why, but every time we go there I have the feeling to not really be seeing anything but a bunch of trails and empty cages. Plus I just donĀ“t feel like they do a good job in replicating the natural habitat. But then again how much can you make an animal feel at home when you stick it into this tiny little area and expect them to be okay with it. Anyways, enough of my rambling. Here are some pictures from the trip. Evan sure had a lot of fun, and so did we! He loved running around on the trails, and climbing on rocks and little walls. When we asked him what he liked best, he said the train ride, the big cats, and the penguins.





Here you see Evan discovering that we had brought a Lunchables as his snack. He LOVES his Lunchables, as you can see on the picture.


Right next to the zoo is the World Forestry Center. This old locomotive is parked right in front of it, and you can even go on board to look around. Of course we had to stop by to let Evan take a look.


As for the exciting news, I am sorry but it will have to wait just a little bit longer. I will do my best to update soon. Have fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home