Saturday, May 13, 2006

Trip to Pforzheim

Today we decided to finally go and buy some more picture books for Evan. He is such a book lover and looks through them all the time. He loves all books with tractors in them, and ever since the weather has gotten more sunny and there are lots of helicopters in the sky, he has also taken a liking towards everything flying. I had two books in mind that I wanted to get for him. One is called "Unterwegs auf dem Bauernhof" and it is about a momma cat trying to find three of her kittens on a farm. Needless to say Evan also loves also everything with cats, so this is like the perfect book for him. Plus it has flaps he can open and look behind, also one of his newest interests. The second book is called "Schau, mein Hubschrauber". It is just a little book but it has a helicopter on every page. He had so much fun in the city. He was so busy looking at everything around him. He is never actually interested in the books while we're at the store. Instead he loves walking around all over the place exploring everything there is to be explored.

After we had gotten the books we stopped by at a park that is on top of the new mall they built in the pedestrian area. It is really nice up there and we had wanted to take Evan there for a while now. He enjoyed it up on the rooftop and had a great time figuring out what the big silver things were for (we're not quite sure ourselves, but it looks like some kind of toy you might find on playground). I took this picture up there and while it is totally overexposted, I like it just the way it is. To bring the day to a nice end we stopped by a toy store on the way to the car. We had so much fun. Charles and I just love looking at all the fun toys that Evan might be interested in and showing him some of them. I don't think I need to say much about the little boy. A little boy in a big toy store speaks for itself, I think. Right before we left we found this really cool trike that he also liked a lot. He sat on it and we pushed him around the store. He was happy just sitting there steering the trike around the aisles. He amazed us again when it was time to put it back up. We expected a big battle, but he was so understanding about it. He is in his prime time for temper tantrums, and we sure have our share of them (like when it comes to hand washing) but at least just as often he just up and decides to be so good about it. Those little people are just the most amazing of all!

Before we went back home we stopped by at a bakery and got Evan something yummy to eat. It's not like we could get by the bakeries without him noticing anyways. He must have a sensor build in. Seriously. It was snacktime anyways though and he was so needing this after seeing all those exciting toys.

I am so excited about tomorrow night. They'll be announcing who made it to round three in the Ultimate Digiscrapper Contest and what the new challenge will be. I am so hoping that I will make it! It's so much fun to be challenged like this. And the prizes are amazing too. I wouldn't mind doing some digi shopping...! Not that I believe I would ever make it to the end. However, with so many prizes, I wonder what place you have to come in to win something? Anyways, I'm in for the challenge. I'll know more by tomorrow.

Have fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home